Solar AV70 Taxiway Light
The solar powered AV70 Taxiway light offers enormous benefits over traditional battery and hard-wired airfield lights including low maintenance and no underground wiring.
This completely self-contained LED light can be installed in minutes and is designed to suit a range of aviation and general applications and is ideal for Helipad Taxiway edge marking.
The unit has two high-performance solar modules mounted within the lens, which maximise solar collection and provide reliable operation in a range of environmental conditions.
The focal plane of the light is designed to provide a vertical divergence of between 0 and +7 degrees, and the user-replaceable battery ensures a service life of up to 12 years.
The AV70 is made from tough, durable UV stabilised LEXAN® polycarbonate, and incorporates an internal photodiode for automatic night activation once the ambient light threshold drops sufficiently.
AV70 Solar Aviation Light Features
- Integrated solar/battery system
- Dual internal high-performance solar modules angled to maximize solar collection
- Fast & easy to deploy – no programming
- IP68 waterproof rating
- User-replaceable battery
- Ultra-high intensity LEDs (no changing globes ever)
AV70 Taxiway Light Applications
- Solar Airstrip Light
- Solar Barricade Light
- Solar Caution Light
- Solar Taxiway Light (ICAO)
- Solar Threshold Light
- Solar Obstruction Light
AV70 Taxiway Light Compliance
- FAA AC150/5370-2E for construction and barricade installations
- ICAO Annex 14 Volume 1, ‘Aerodrome Design and Operations’, Fourth edition July 2004, paragraph 126.96.36.199.
AV70 with Optional Radio Control
The AV70-RF is a radio-controlled version which can be used in conjunction with a PALC or handheld controller.
To find out more about AV70 Solar Lighting, please fill in our enquiry form or call us at +44(0)1483 267066